First off, I would like to thank Amber over at AmberInTheReal for passing this award to me. :) So nice and thoughtful! You can read more about Amber in her Liebster award post. She's another PNW blogger, yay!
Secondly, you're probably thinking, "Uhhh what is the Leibster award?" Well, I didn't know either lol. I had to google it. Basically, it's an award that is passed around to newbie bloggers like myself. It's a way to also get to know your fellow blogger buddies and boost their confidence. What a nice thing, huh?
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and have less than 1000 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by your presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
My 11 Random Facts:
- I love cooking. I get so pleased when I "wing it" and something turns out great lol.
- When I was younger, I aspired to be on Nickelodeon's All That. Then, it was SNL because if you recall, the 90s had the best skits!
- I hate feet. The only exception is baby feet lol. So cute!
- Speaking of babies, all 3 of mine, I delivered in a hospital with drugs! I hear a lot about homebirths nowadays and honestly, I applaud any woman that can do that lol.
- I recently started liking to watch UFC and MMA fights on tv. I blame my boyfriend lol. I still cringe when a guy starts bleeding out of his eyes though.
- I usually root for the underdog unless it's a home team!
- I couldn't live without my DVR. It is always at 80% or more full. I kinda like having a whole bunch of episodes from the same show to watch so I don't have to wait anxiously for the next one!
- I'm obsessed with the Investigation Discovery channel. OBSESSED. I've since become what I like to call "self-aware" (could be perceived as "paranoid") and don't like being home alone or out at night alone lol.
- I've never really been the affectionate, lovey-dovey type.
- I wish I had gotten more into photography. In high school, there was a class available, but I was never able to register before it was full. :( Nowadays, I'm either too broke or too busy.
- I love spontaneous road trips. Especially if I'm not driving (because I love naps whenever I get 'em)!
My 11 Responses to Amber's Questions:
- What is your favorite quote? Oh my gosh I LOVE quotes so this is hard. "Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with them." :) I love Sex and the City.
- What is the best thing about you? I think my sense of humor is the best thing. I've been called "whimsical" and I think that's a great way to live. ;)
- Why did you start blogging? Hmm I started it as a way to connect with others. I can't Facebook ALL day lol!
- What did you want to be when you grew up? I used to watch Matlock all the time so I wanted to be a lawyer. :P
- Any person alive or not, who would you want to meet? Anna Kendrick because I have a major girl crush on her right now.
- What is your guilty pleasure? I guess it would be that I still enjoy listening to boy bands.
- What does your family think of your blog? My parents don't really know much about it. My boyfriend thinks it's good for me. I harass him all the time about it, "Did you read my post from today?!?!"
- One thing in your house you can't live without? My stove/oven. Lol it's where I do most of my cooking of course!
- Favorite time of day? Hmm I like late mornings around 11am-ish.
- If you could go back to one age, what would it be? 19-20, I think I was more carefree then.
- What did you want your name to be when you were little? I've actually always like my name. My middle name, on the other hand, I would like to change. I've always like the name "Elise".
11 Questions for My Nominees:
- If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
- How did you choose the name for your blog?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What is your favorite meal to cook (or eat at a restaurant)?
- What is one thing you want to learn how to do?
- Favorite holiday?
- Do you have a nickname you go by?
- Knowing what you know now, what advice would you give your 14-year-old self?
- Best book you've read recently?
- Who is the most inspiring person you know?
- Beth at Our Pretty Little Girls
- Mandee at Nothin But Crazy Love
- Sarah at No Minivan Mom
- Elizabeth at The Crum's
- Kaity at Kait Leech
- Keiran at Caring for My Chaos
- Jenny at The Sweet Stuff
- Jessica at Breaking the Momma Mold
(Sadly, I could only come up with 9 bloggers that haven't had the Liebster award!)